Skip to main content

We use a lot of discussion pages were we ask learners to record themselves and either upload or use the native recorder. We have been getting ticket after ticket of “upload failed” when trying to record in platform, so much so that clients are complaining and we’re starting to have credibility issues. Support says that nothing is wrong, but there clearly something is. We are getting complaints from around the country in multiple locations and increasing in frequency. Is this happening to anyone else? I feel like I'm going crazy when they tell us nothing is wrong. 

I came here to see who else is using this functionality. We have this installed in our sandbox and we’re interested in getting it installed in production but so far we are having issues viewing the videos we upload. They upload fine but we can’t play them back. We keep getting “an error occurred, please try again later. click to retry”.

If people are having issues recording themselves it doesn’t seem like an option we should pursue.

@AHoffman we have been using it for about 4 years and it is a key piece of many of our courses. It typically works very well. From time to time there’s a glitch, like all things. This issue that we’re experiencing now is odd, because it isn’t wide spread and seems to be isolated to a few panos. It might be a user error, but we can’t seem to pinpoint it. 

@AHoffman @Alexis McLaughlin I see so many places that a user error could occur that I point to all of them and refreshing the page would delete the video recorded if not submitted.  

and room for admin error as well.  but mine work fine.  iOS maybe another story and should be specified.