Skip to main content
Question

Learner Reporting

• 20 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello! 

Looking for insight as to how others may be managing reporting within TI. We currently are only looking at the native reporting options within our platform.
We have learners who are completing knowledge assessments, receiving the confirmation certificate email that they have completed the assessment but are not appearing on the course level report as complete. If I go into the learner, I can see that they have completed the assessment. This is causing issues with our department leads as the reports are not showing correct data. If I create a new report, through the reporting hub (create > how are learners performing on assessments), we still do not see the full picture of the course / learners. Am I missing something? Anyone have any tricks?

Any information or feedback would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you! 

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Are you doing an assessment page type in a course for these? Which page type are you using?

Userlevel 2

We are doing a Course with a Quiz Page Type. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@chetler-findlay Start by making the assessment part of the completion criteria and use quiz vs test. What do you want to achieve w your report?  You can report on Q and A, score, from the assessment report. I would opt on suggesting a Dashboard that has the individual Looks you want like, one for course completion/status, and one for Q/A and answers, etc.  I would NOT merge reports as someone is likely to suggest.  Google Looker documentation says Merge will slow down reporting and could even break datapoints.  

You won’t get score or question but a side note.  My fav report to start with is the “What are my Learner details?”  That report can answer content completion, user details, and more.  It’s very powerful and often overlooked.  Hope some of this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge

The course level reporting is wonky. I believe it can take up to 24 hours to update, it’s not instant. When we run into errors or issues, we report it to support so they can look into it. 

Depending on what you’re trying to get out of it, you could use reporting hub which will pull more real-time data. Here’s our configuration that helps us get us the details we need:

We use this report often for reflection pages, but quizzes should pull into it too. For our use case, we run this report to see the answers people are typing into the open answer questions. This is the configuration we use and haven’t had an issue. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Alexis McLaughlin That is exactly what I do.  I am guessing you must have open ended questions?  We have none of those.  If we did, I would select at the bottom of the assessment to Grade Manually and then I need this report less often.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@charles.zimmerman we do, almost everything is open ended - but we don’t grade anything. Our content is more grey/less “correct” answers. Our trainers use this just to see what people are writing to help coach them through their experience.