Skip to main content
Question

Suggestions on Creating a Basic Content Report?

• 19 July 2024
  • 9 replies

Hello, 

We are trying to build a report that shows the following information regarding content in our system: (I do not want to see any learner details)

• Content/Course Name/Title
  • Content Type
  • Custom Field: Last Reviewed Date
  • Custom Field: Contact Person
  • Tags (if possible)

Purpose: for compliance purposes we have to prove we have reviewed content and updated as needed.

We have created two custom fields to help us deliver this information but can’t seem to find a report option to even start this report as it’s all learner or view based … so if anyone can help that would be super!

Thanks!!

Julie

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@JulieC This is going to be a challenge considering that the criteria at present for last updated has nothing to do with content changes.  Last updated actions are only those from the details, enrollment, and other tabs.  Absolutely nothing about changing content will change the last updated date.  There are suggestions in here where that is noted as an issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@JulieC  Content > Last Updated To Include ALL Content Edits | Thought Industries Customer Community

Userlevel 2

Thank you, @charles.zimmerman! You’re right, the last updated date doesn’t help me because of what is described above, so we created two custom content fields to accommodate this info. 

So, I don’t need the Last Updated date, but wondered if anyone had any luck pulling a report that includes the details of custom content fields alongside some basic content details (title, type, and tags).

Wondering if I have to go the route of having a custom report built :(

Userlevel 4
Badge

@JulieC - I’m not going to be any help to you, but this boggles my mind that we cannot get a report of our content to do what you need (we need this too!)! 

Here’s a similar suggestion that has lots of upvotes - 

Userlevel 2

@juliefiretech - I attended Office Hours today for something else and on a whim I asked, and it just so happens WE CAN! #MikeDeanRocks

Reporting> Create> Content Catalog > What does my session catalog data look like (with custom fields)?

Fields listed below. Hope this is helpful to all!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@JulieC Congratulations.  I nearly got excited.  We don’t have sessions (course Groups) and it looks like you do.  All I need to satisfy our customers is a “Date of Completion” and a way to know who has not completed what content via a Learning Path.  If you give a Learner a Learning Path, you are not assigning the content so you can’t do a gap analysis on who was “assigned but didn’t start” as one example, because the course was never assigned.  I have started suggesting that customers build a milestone for every course and name the milestone after the course.  That’s the best I got for now.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@JulieC - I’ve actually seen this report, but based on the title and what I see when I run the “stock” report, I thought it only pulled in courses with sessions & session custom fields, but upon looking further now I do see that if I remove this filter, then I can see all my courses (because we don’t use course sessions)! Yay! thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@JulieC @juliefiretech   In 5 years, I have never even opened that report because of its title.  Thank you.

Userlevel 2

😮 

Same here! We don’t use sessions so I didn’t even think to engage with it. Looks like many of us were in the same boat! Glad we solved this one :)