Allow learners of private (non-released) events to reschedule or cancel

• 3 August 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Currently a learner cannot reschedule or cancel their session enrollment when an event is private (not released). This means admin intervention is needed when a learner needs to reschedule or cancel. A learner should be able to manage their session rescheduling or canceling regardless if the event is released or not. 

It was recommended that we write a query on our public catalog page to exclude a tag. It is a great solution but would be a very heavy lift for us as we expect to host events for many customers. I do want to share the suggestion in the event it helps anyone else. 

Here is what was suggested:

In that case, the only other recommendation I can make based on the way that it works in our platform, would be to use a content tag on your events that you'd like to use reschedule within a panorama and place those as negative tags within your public catalog widgets so that they are hidden from view. This is using the negative operator, more on this here:

Writing a Search Query

Specifically:
- Operator is used to exclude a query. It must be placed at the start of the query and can be used in conjunction with the AND operator and OR operator. An example could look like this -Type:Value.

Here's an example where I'm applying the negative operator to a custom-content field query I have set up in my design page. 

?name=Screen+Shot+2023-08-03+at+9.57.21+AM.png

0 replies

Be the first to reply!