Solved

How do I change the Purchase Required text? And hide email capture?

• 2 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

We’re testing out the Free Course Preview feature, and want to be able to change the Purchase Required - In order to access…. text, as well as hide the email capture. Does anyone know how to do this?

icon

Best answer by charles.zimmerman 5 April 2024, 13:55

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@giovanna.orlando The text can be changed in translations under system translations.  To hide the email capture you can use this code with caution.  Test it.  It works but it could potentially skip the details page and if that is not what you want, let me know and we can work it out.

}
.email-capture {
display: none;
}

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the code @charles.zimmerman ! I have never used something like that before, where would I put it? And, I wouldn’t want to skip the details page itself, just want to hide the email capture inside the course, once people reach the end of the free preview lesson. LMK if you have any more insight. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@giovanna.orlando Maybe we should meet offline.  Hit me up on LinkedIn.  Charles Zimmerman.  Same photo.  It goes at Site > Site builder > Custom code > CSS.  You should always test and do it at a time that is odd for users like 5am or even 3am.  CSS is non destructive.  Test it.  Test the workflow.  If it’s not what you want, then remove it and everything comes back.

Userlevel 2

Thank you for the offer! I want to talk with our web developer about this, and we will probably will test it in our sandbox. I appreciate your input @charles.zimmerman !

Userlevel 2

@charles.zimmerman , initial testing shows great promise!! I am going to thoroughly test this with different scenarios tomorrow in our sandbox, to make sure it doesn’t interfere with things unexpectedly, but I’m super excited and so grateful!

Userlevel 2

This solution ended up perfect for us. Thanks again @charles.zimmerman !