Skip to main content
Solved

Is there a way to download a video that was previously uploaded?

• 28 August 2024
  • 4 replies

We have a video page (within a course) that was uploaded by an individual who is no longer with the company. They unfortunately had the source video as well, and we need to make minor edits to the video.

I’m trying to find a way to download said video from the LMS, either as a Learner or Admin perspective, doesn’t matter to me.

I’ve tried exporting through SCORM Connect but that just gave me a bunch of small files that most likely reference it somewhere but combing through each of those for any inkling of an idea is difficult.

In my previous LMS, there was an API call we could use to download course objects. I checked the API documentation for Ti and didn’t see anything. Was hoping the community would have a better answer.

Thank you advanced!​​

Any videos should be in your Wistia account. @dhall 

We upload all videos directly to Wistia and use the code so that we don’t have to track things down in TI.  

Thanks for the info, @LisaRollins . Key word here, “should”. Unfortunately, this user uploaded several videos directly into courses as video pages and never kept a record of all the old videos.

Yes, but they should appear in your Wistia account even if you uploaded them into TI. When I upload directly to TI, it still shows up in our Wistia account. @dhall  I just tested it to confirm and as soon as I put the video into TI, it shows up in Wistia. 

Hi @dhall ,

All videos that are uploaded into the TI platform are automatically hosted in Wistia and are just refereneced from TI, so you can log into your wistia account and view/ download any video you need that is in your site.

I will look into your folder and add you as an admin, if you are not already one, so you can log in and access the video.

Best

Jon