Skip to main content
Question

Notification time frames

• 20 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Has anyone figured out the hard timing on notifications? 

We have a few that are set up to go X time before an event start date and find that the timing of when those go out are all over the place. It’s not a hard 24 hours, 1 hour, etc. When talking to TI, we’re not getting hard and fast rules and it’s throwing us off. For example, we had a person today enrolled in an ILT that started at 9am, but the notification didn’t go out until 9:05. 

We’re new to using notifications, so any help with the best practice on these would be really helpful.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’d love to hear some firm information on this too. @Community Team 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Alexis McLaughlin @LisaRollins Great question.  I can add a variable and that is your own internal network.  Depending on the traffic at that time of day, emails may not arrive to a user until 5 min after scheduled time.  Also, network security will hold up delivery.  The best tip I can share to speed up delivery is to put nothing in your from email address under email settings.  This creates a “spoofing” scenario for IT and it likely takes a lag in time to assess that the email notification is safe.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@charles.zimmerman that’s an interesting point! For that 9:05 email, we have a BCC and it wasn’t actually received by the BCC until 12:43 or something like that. Not sure we could avoid the spoofing, but that is really good information to have.