Solved

Updating Learning Paths question

• 12 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I just tested this in my sandbox, but I’m not confident in the results - 

We just released some updated courses today that will affect existing learning paths, so I need to go in and add the newly released courses to those learning paths (& remove the old courses). How will this affect any existing learners in those learning paths? Will they have the original courses that they signed up for with the learning path? Or the updated courses?

I’m not finding the answer in the Setting up Learning Paths article so it’s making me nervous…

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by charles.zimmerman 12 February 2024, 22:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I am interested in this response since I am about to do the same. I usually try to use the same course shells for any updates like this, but sometimes you have to create and add a new course. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@LisaRollins I’ve tested it twice in my sandbox - both times it replaced the course, even if the learner had started the one that was removed. So that’s what I’m going with. I’m hoping to hear from my CSM to confirm-

good luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Sounds good. It is nice to get a confirmation from @Thought Industries that it does work that way though! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@juliefiretech @LisaRollins You are really IN a Learning Path.  It’s just a container w a completion status.  If you remove old content and put in new content, then new content is what EVERYONE will see.  If you are completed then you remain complete.  If you are not complete then you have some new content to start.  I hope this helps. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@charles.zimmerman Yes, that is a great explanation - thank you very much!