Any SCORM Connect users?

• 23 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello-

Anyone out there that uses SCORM Connect files for customers? We have a couple of customers that we supply SCORM Connect course files to that use them in their company LMS. My question is about certificates - can a SCORM Connect user receive our Thought Industries completion certificate if they don’t have access to their Ti dashboard?

Thanks!

--Julie

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

We use it, but our customers just keep everything on their side and create their own certificates based on what we send them.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@LisaRollins 

Hi Lisa! Thanks for answering both of our questions today!

Do you “collect learner details” with your SCORM connect files? If so, does that mean that they could get a certificate emailed to them upon completion? (I’m pulling 2 different support/community questions together here!)

Thanks!

--Julie

Userlevel 5
Badge

We don’t collect their details as we ran into more issue with that with customer’s LMS’s. When we would try to turn it on, the SCORM usually didn’t work right for them on their end...usually because of security on their side. So, we just send them the basic packages and let them track it.

We don’t have a lot of customers who want SCORM and hopefully even less once we get SSO set up . 

Userlevel 4
Badge

ooh, I want to hear more about that. I’m not convinced that SCORM Connect is all that we thought it would be, so I’d be interested in what you’re doing with SSO instead - if you’re willing to share!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Well, our goal is to set all our users up with an easy entry into our instance so that they don’t need to use SCORM in their systems. Right now, they choose SCORM so their users don’t have to create yet another login. Once we get SSO set up, users will be able to hop to our instance straight from our products without another login….and we can just send customers a report of what their users are doing versus them having to track. 

But, we will still have a few large customers with their own LMS who want all that “in house”, so sending it over works. We appreciate the “connect” part to make sure that the courses are updated and not have to send new files every time we update something.