Question

course group/session creation issue

• 28 November 2023
  • 4 replies

We created a course group in our sandbox environment and promoted/copied it to our production environment. Once in production, we created one session from the course group before we realized that two of the sections of the course group had not been published. We immediately published them in the main course group, but ever since then when we create a new session from it, one of the two sections that weren’t originally published still creates one of those sections as unpublished in the new session (even though both sections are now published in the course group). Has anyone else run across this bug? If so, have you figured out a solution/fix for it?

thanks,

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@mkendrick I cannot speak for Ti but I believe this to be intended functionality.  The reason is that as you create sessions you are creating new content and you will at the very least have to update the meetings page type.  For this reason, I have come to accept that I must publish and release each new session.

@charles.zimmerman thanks! just to clarify, our course group is completely published and when we create a new session from it, ALL sections of the new session are created already published (as expected) except for one section. That is why I think if must be a bug in the system.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@mkendrick I see.  If you haven’t, maybe start a support ticket.  My ILT courses are fairly simple so I may not have noticed.  Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@mkendrick Just checking that you know I mean too totally different things in my use of Publish and Release right?  Released sessions are the only way a user can register for that session.  If you are using sessions for online on demand content, I would like to know why/how?  Everything I read on sessions implies that they are for events.