Question

Course Manuals as Resources

I have a question in regards to Resource materials.  Even though our manuals for our courses are in CAM, we also need them as a stand alone resource for learners.  In order to do this we changed one of the titles of the content types to Resource which is to be used when uploading a pdf to be available as a resource.  I’m looking to see other ways that people have made resources like this available to learners. 

5 replies

We traditionally use Word to create PDFs and find it’s hard to manage and format and maintain.

We have started explore the possibilities for using GitBook to create and manage learning guides. It seems some strengths it offers include:

• Student use a link to see the learning / student / lab guide
  • It’s easy to author content that looks clean and concise
  • It’s easy to synchronize with a repository so any fixes or updates are available to everyone.

If we eventually decide to use GitBook, we’d just need to provide the link in a content page. There are logistics and things to think though as to whether or not this would work for us, but thought you might want to check it out too.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m curious why you would have them download a fillable pdf as opposed to creating the pages within TI? We used to have large participant manuals and moved to recreating all the pages within TI so that becomes their manual. All the fillable pages are now reflection pages. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m curious why you would have them download a fillable pdf as opposed to creating the pages within TI? We used to have large participant manuals and moved to recreating all the pages within TI so that becomes their manual. All the fillable pages are now reflection pages. 

This seems like a really cool idea. Would learners be able to download the reflection pages in someway so they can keep their fillable resources after their access to the course has expired?

Userlevel 4
Badge

They can! you can download them as pdfs or email them to yourself or enter an email address once they are saved.

Userlevel 2
Badge

They can! you can download them as pdfs or email them to yourself or enter an email address once they are saved.

Awesome!