Question

Course SCORM File Replacement + Publish Button is not showing for active users

• 8 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey everyone! For one of our SCORM file-based courses, we noticed an error, where the wrong SCORM file from the CAM was selected for a Page. To fix this issue, we replaced the wrong SCORM file with the correct SCORM file using the red Replace File button and selecting the appropriate file from the CAM dropdown menu. Once this change was made, we clicked on the green publish button. As it is for any changes made in the Question Library, I thought this change would appear automatically for any users that were currently enrolled in the course. However, that was not the case as the current user still had the previously incorrect SCORM file showing in that course despite the replacement.

Is this standard when it comes to the Replace File button, so the change is only visible to future users? I thought clicking the Publish button made any updates visible to ALL users (current and future).

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello Madeline!

This is what I see about SCORM and CAM behaviors in CAM documentation:

“When replacing a file or reverting a SCORM or xAPI item, users are prompted to select whether or not changes should display to all learners. By default, changes uploaded for SCORM or xAPI files will only display to learners who have either not yet started it or have completed it. If opted into, all learners will be required to begin the SCORM or xAPI file again and previous progress will be lost.”

If you did opt in based on the text above and still did not see changes, let Support know and they can look into it further. 

Userlevel 2

Thank you so much for that feedback @amberkleven 

Just to clarify, when you say “opt-in/out” are you referring to the “Revert progress” check box when a file is changed inside of the CAM?

This particular issue I proposed in my post is on the Course build/content tab rather than inside the CAM. The SCORM files are being selected from that content tab within the Lesson’s Page. Does an “opt” button/box still apply in that case? If yes, where is that decided/located?

Userlevel 2

Hi Madeline, 

Scorm is an external file. So it is its own content object. Think of it like a video if that helps too.

So with that thought, Upon upload it will be a brand new file. Because it’s new you can’t track where users where last in the file. which is where amber noted “By default, changes uploaded for SCORM or xAPI files will only display to learners who have either not yet started it or have completed it” so it does not disrupt the users halfway through. 

if you do want user to start over make sure in CAM you use this option. NOTE: It is for CAM only not pages.