Skip to main content
Question

How do you track when content needs to be reviewed for accuracy?

• 21 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Wondering what the others in the community do to track when content or course needs to be reviewed for accuracy. What’s your tracking method and what’s your cadence?

My team handles training content for technical software, and with the rapid developments of our product, it is always changing so we don’t want stale / inaccurate information existing. Curious what others do and looking forward to the reponses!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

This is so hard and there are lots of options. 

Our product team has a release tracker and we are made aware of upcoming releases. 
So, when we see a release coming up that would require edits/changes, then we create a ticket for our team in Jira to document the release and we identify which content needs updated in the Jira ticket and we have it ready for when the release goes live. 

Userlevel 2

We also are a software based company and have many products within our product suite that require updates, changes, etc.. I work very closely with our Product Team and am on our Release Council for Release Planning. Our company is also Agile-based with planning and prep so I am included on Sprint Reviews, as well as work with the PM’s and our QA Team for additional insight into upcoming changes. 

When we are preparing for a new product release, I receive preliminary release notes from the Product Manager to use as my foundation for the course updates / changes. I also get early access to the new product versions for updating our courses. Our goal is to have our internal teams and LPR beta sites trained on the new functionality, prior to general customer release. 

In TI, I copy the course and remove the Product Tag (we use Tags to provision content to our Panos). I rename this course to state the course name but also include “ - EDIT MODE”. This helps us know why we have two separate copies of the course, as well as which one is currently being worked on. 

We also move this “EDIT MODE” course to a folder in TI called Edits in Progress. Once the appropriate modifications have been made, I publish the course to our Product Team, first (we use Pano’s and have separate Sublincenses that represent our different internal teams). Once the Product Team signs off on the content / functionality, I will then move the “EDIT MODE” course from the Edits in Progress folder in TI to a READY TO BE PUBLISHED folder, as well as change the course name to say “DRAFT” instead of Edit Mode. I also publish the course to our other internal departments and teams within our company, with the ask that our Technical Account Managers and Implementation Team also review for validation. 

Once the product is released to our customers for GA, I will remove the word DRAFT from the course name, and add our Content Tag to make available to our customers within their Panoramas. I will then go into the “old version” course to remove the Tag and Archive the course. I also add “ARCHIVED” to the course name for further visibility. The new product course is then removed from the DRAFT Folder.

We are in the process of working through creating and sharing Release Notes with our internal teams and customers on what courses have been updated, as well as what courses may be new. 

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. This is just what I have found to work well for us. 

Userlevel 2

Hi there, 

We usually review content annually to determine accuracy and relevancy. To help track this we created custom content fields that we use for this purpose. 

They are:

• Date Last Reviewed (yyyy-mo)
  • SME/Content Owner (Name)

These fields are reportable and searchable and help us identify when/who we send a note to requesting review and update/remove content as necessary.