Solved

ILT I Don't Get It. What are the meanings?

• 6 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

So in my four years with Ti, I have never built and ILT session, meeting, event, whatever it is.  The reason for this is simple.  COVID was happening and ILT was not.  I am trying to make up for lost time and need to start creating ILTs right now but I do not understand the difference between the Event, Session, and I think that the meeting is the actual date and time?  But then there is this root session that must also be a date and time. In short, it makes no sense to me and I am having trouble grasping the concepts.  What is a container for what?  I think the meeting is where the Learners go ultimately.  Can anyone put this in simple terms? The documentation could use a pictogram for how all of these parts fit to make a something people go to.

icon

Best answer by amberkleven 6 September 2023, 19:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey Charles!

First I’ll say, if you need a better explanation after this, I’d be more than happy to do a Zoom.

Event: This is the main ILT template. When you create it, you might call it a meeting or relabel it to be a content type that makes sense to your org. Event and meeting are fairly interchangeable. The Event is the “thing” 

Meeting: Yes, the date you see in the Meeting column of the content interface is a date an event is scheduled for and the date attendees expect to have instruction. If you only have one event, you only see one meeting on the content interface.

If you create more than one meeting, you have created a session.

Primary Session: The primary session is the session that has the next available enrollment date  for a learner to use. The primary session is not static. 

Session: If you plan to offer multiple sessions of a course or webinar, you can create separate sessions with unique start and end dates. It’s essentially a copy of the whichever session you copy from. Note that sessions are independent from each other and updating one doesn’t necessarily update any other session.

Does that help? If not, let me know and we can talk thought it. :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@amberkleven I am printing your words.  Thanks so much. You said.  “If you create more than one meeting, you have created a session.” and that resonates.  I signed up for Dov’s live online class this Friday to learn more.  I am looking forward to it.  You are awesome.  CZ

Userlevel 3

Wonderful! Another quick distinction is you can make a copy of an ILT, it would just then not be nested under the other sessions in the content interface. That is also a feature of sessions-- they all exist in one place in the interface.

Good call on attending FPT, too. You know Dov is excellent and will round out your understanding with concrete examples. 

Take care!