Learner Communication: Completion Criteria

• 29 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Does anyone have a good way that you communicate to students how completion criteria work in a course?

In Ti, a check mark and status circles can mean different things depending on the page type. We primarily use video and assessments as completion criteria but have found that a green check mark or bubble don’t communicate the same thing per page.

We’ve included a ‘Before You Begin’ slide-deck (a few examples below) to inform learners what tools are available in a course and we feel like completion criteria should be explained just as easily.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@jonathan_iti   I sure do love your opening instructions.  My observation is that the circle is an indicator of either page completion (advanced settings per page/timer) -OR- if that page contains that which is identified as a comp criteria it will wait until that item is complete (test, video, etc)  Note below where I have a green circle for the Disclaimer text page and one for the PDF but NOT one for the video of the test.  So in conclusion, the circle is page completion if not a part of completion status and micro courses use check marks just for page completion if no other completion status but to review some percent of content.

Badge +1

@jonathan_iti   I sure do love your opening instructions.  My observation is that the circle is an indicator of either page completion (advanced settings per page/timer) -OR- if that page contains that which is identified as a comp criteria it will wait until that item is complete (test, video, etc)  Note below where I have a green circle for the Disclaimer text page and one for the PDF but NOT one for the video of the test.  So in conclusion, the circle is page completion if not a part of completion status and micro courses use check marks just for page completion if no other completion status but to review some percent of content.