Preview open in new tab

• 28 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Currently, when you Preview a course from the course group page, it opens in the same tab. It would be nice for this to by default open in a new tab, which would mirror the preview functionality when preview from inside of a course.

Some of our admins don’t have course authoring permissions so they can’t open the course to get to that camera-icon preview, that’s why we need this open in new tab functionality at the course group level here:

We’re headless so the home buttons redirect out of Thought Industries, and the browser back button doesn’t always take the admin back to the admin page (or you have to hit it multiple times to do so).

4 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello Gabby!

At this point, I recommend making a product suggestion for this. I have also alerted your CSM so they can be in touch to clarify any questions. :)

Thanks,

Amber

Oops, I thought I had submitted this as a suggestion, must have missed the toggle. Just did so. Thanks @amberkleven!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@gguillen We are not and have no plans to go headless.  In our standard config the product opens a preview in a new tab by default.  It causes problems because there is a button at the bottom that says “Edit this Page” in preview tab.  If you select that button you are now editing in two tabs and that is bad bad.  We noted changes not saving and entire work sessions lost to having two edit tabs open.  My point, if yours is similar beware of what it can lead to.  Hope this helps.

Userlevel 3

Wonderful, thank you for letting me know! :)