Question

Setting a Password for a Course Section? How do you do this?

• 1 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

How do you set the password for a section in a course? Here is the support article I was referencing but it does not mention how to actually set the password. I do not see this as an option in the course authoring page, nor in the details. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@kristinmize  You don’t set up you own password for a section.  You are just requiring the user to renter their password to enter the section.  It will appear on the slideout at right for the new section.  See here.  Just my user password goes here.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Oh interesting - so would you use this feature then more as way to preview course content for people that are not logged in? Not necessarily as a way to lock down content for an already logged in learner?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@kristinmize  That sounds like great use case.  I have never heard of anyone using that feature.  I suppose if you had folks taking content from a shared computer, maybe that would be helpful.  I don’t know how SSO would impact that though.  I can’t really think of any reason than what you shared.  Hope this helps.  CZ