Solved

Tracking Attendance of VILT plus recording watchers

• 3 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

We are fairly new to Ti and have not yet fully set up my part of the organization into using it. However I am in the process of planning out certain things and one of these are ILT/VILT sessions we have with parts of the organization once per week. 

We host a live and virtual session (large conference room, joined via zoom, then remote learners join the zoom session). The presenter does their thing, and a team processes the recording then uploads into our current LMS (Docebo).

We’ve been tasked with finding a way of tracking those that attended live versus those that watched the recording. Right now, the only way we can do it is to extract the participants list from Zoom and upload it into the course in Docebo, then mark them as complete.

I’m curious if anyone already using Ti has something in place with similar metrics they are trying to track. If so, how are you doing it? How do you correlate “this video” or “this course” is equilivant to “this VILT” in Ti?

icon

Best answer by mgkaulen 9 October 2023, 15:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

This is a really cool use case that I can imagine would be needed for many groups down the line. 

We do a lot of vILT/ILT work in our instance and attendance tracking and completion criteria is definitely an area for improvement in TI.

A solution that is suggested to us quite often is to have a quiz/test/activity inside the course that they have to answer/complete in order to receive credit. This way you don’t have to manually mark attendance for anyone attending in person or who watched the recording. There are a few drawbacks to this, like people in-person have to log into their TI account in the conference room to complete the activity and it is a little bit harder to grant certificates in bulk if needed.

Another solution is to upload the recording to a course in TI where they can watch and receive credit that way. 

There is also potential for an adaptive learning path where they can self select in-person, online, or recording to receive credit for watching through different courses but everyone registers the same way. You can unify these in reporting using the SKU on the courses/events.

There are multiple ways to accomplish them but none of them are perfect. I would ask your CSM to help work through some solutions that work well for your internal processes and setup if possible.

Userlevel 2

Thank you for the reply @mgkaulen

I have thought about the quiz option but then it becomes another “checkbox” for the attendees to do and eventually that gets brute forced, so I do want to avoid that.

During our trial, I think the adaptive learning path idea was brought up but then walked back, so it’s interesting you also brought it up. To me, that seems like the current/simplest solution:

Create a LP with milestones and each milestone can be completed by either attending live or watching the recording, the next milestone is the next session one to two weeks out.
I’m curious if anyone has done this and if so, what the results have been like for tracking purposes? How does it work when you have a meeting confirmed and need to update the LP, how does that impact completion percentage and such?

Userlevel 2
Badge

That’s one of the reasons we are avoiding the quiz option as well.

We just started experimenting with Adaptive learning paths but I am envisioning that they can be used to create “OR” completion criteria like what could help your situation. 

If a learner only needs to attend one session, then you can have one milestone where they can self select their deliver method (conference room, Virtual live, Recording) and then they can select the session they would like to register for from there.

If they need to continue to attend each session as it is offered, then you can continue to add each session as a milestone but, as you mentioned, that could mess with completions and what each learner has access to. It would almost be better to have 1 learning path for each session where they can select the delivery method. You would need to be continually creating learning paths though so that would be an increase in admin workload.

Userlevel 2

Truly appreciate the insight and ideas!

Once we get migrating and implemented, I’ll come back and update with what we decided to do.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I think this is a great idea, maybe introducing a new type of registration? So you can tell the difference?