Solved

What is the proper way to use the search bar in the CAM?

• 14 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

In the CAM, our files our titled with a file number and then the title of the lesson. For example, one file name is “SS 102.01 2022 - Introduction”. I find that when I type this exact name of the file into the search bar, I get no results. When I used the first part (SS 102.01 2022) I get a whole slew of results that start with “SS”, so then I have to search for that specific file amongst the others.

My question is what is the search bar pulling from when keywords are typed in? What do I need to type specifically into the search bar so it’ll turn out just the “SS 102.01 2022 - Introduction” file and nothing else?

I have attached screenshots for proof of these search results:

Exact title search
Beginning of title search

icon

Best answer by amberkleven 15 June 2023, 18:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

There is at least one suggestion about Search in the Suggestions section here. I can’t find any rhyme or reason for search results. I can search for Bob Smith in users and bob smith won’t show up because it is lower case….or I can search for part of an email and nothing shows, but I put the @ in front and it shows. 
I can search for a word clearly in my title and it shows all other courses with that word in the description before it shows that title word. 
So, I am absolutely no help here, but wanted to mention the suggestion so everyone can upvote it! :) 

Userlevel 3

If you remove the dash, you’ll see fewer results than if you search SS 102.01 2022 and more results than if you search for SS 102.01 2022 - Introduction. Hope that helps!

Userlevel 2

Thank you @amberkleven that search function works so much better! Turned up 4 results (one of which was the one I need) rather than the 50+ when I had the dash.