Question

CSS Code

• 21 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

I am new to CSS and doing some self-learning.  In the meantime, I am wondering if any would be so kind as to share CSS to bold and color a widget title. 

Thank you in advance!

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@wwayson Put nothing in that placeholder.  Instead go to Design>Theme>Custom Code>CSS and add this for a start.

}

.featured-content-article-item__title strong { font-weight: bold; /* To make it bold */ color: #FF0000; /* To change the color (e.g., red) */

}

Userlevel 1

@charles.zimmerman Thank you, this gets me started.  I am continuing to research Ti academy for more help and W3Schools. 

If I enter this code, this will apply to all Featured Content widgets, correct?  In other words, I would not need to populate the CSS Class field on the page widget.  With the following code, I am not seeing any change to the page. 

Assumptions: 

.featured-content > this identifies the widget, correct?

-article-item > is this referencing the content type? 

__title > not sure what this is for?

Thank you, 

Wayne

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@wwayson You will benefit more from ChatGPT than any of the sites listed.  Featured content article item title is the name of the element.  Did you publish the code?  Did you include a { to start the code?  Your code has an error.  You could listen to me or pate into chatGPT and ask that it correct it.  Your { should be at the beginning and not after the first line.  Publish in Ti should tell you that you have an error.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@wwayson  Also, Yes.  This will change all Featured Content widgets and no no need to use class at the bottom of widget config.  And sorry, I think the error I called out is from what I sent.  You are just about there!

Userlevel 1

@charles.zimmerman Well, I appreciate the help.  I tried chatGPT and numerous edits on the code.  All edits published successfully w/o error.  Still, not seeing any change on the widget.  I will give Ti support a try to see if they will give me any assistance. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@wwayson Support will not help w CSS and there are no articles on how to use it.  There are three featured content widgets.  Each with a configuration.  I should specify that the one I am targeting is the Featured Content Tile (Standard Layout) DYNAMICALLY DISPLAY CONTENT.  Try this.  Make sure it didn’t change every widget heading.  :)  That’s all I got.  I am a hobbyist at best.

}

h2.widget__title { color: red;

}