Question

Edit Learner Access Widget Display

• 20 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We use ILT sessions inside of Learning Paths. The ideal and designed UX for the content is for the learner to find the LP, open it and see their content laid out in order. We have some pre-work set up before the live session that lives in another course (we don’t want it in the same ILT template for many reasons), then the ILTs, then some post work in anther course. The challenge we’re running into is that when the learner is enrolled in an ILT, the “events” tab appears in the learner access widget and defaults to be the front tab. Then the learner sees the event first and never clicks on the LP tab, essentially bypassing the other materials. 

We would love to find a way to hide this tab altogether (or at a minimum have the LP default to the front always), so that they don’t get an events tab and have to go into the LP to get to the event. We’ve tested out various codes to hide it and can’t seem to get it to work. 

Anyone work through something like this? 

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

With CSS you could get this result.  Maybe someone knows how to also close the gap but it is possible to hide.  Events is the open space before Learning Paths.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@charles.zimmerman Thank you! I’ve been tinkering with the widget options, didn’t think to try CSS. What did you add to get this result? Maybe I can work it from there.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

This will make it go away and remove the space.  Enjoy!

}

.dashboard-access-tab.dashboard-access-tab--events.dashboard-access-tab--active {

display: none;

margin: 0;

padding: 0;

border: 0;

width: 0;

height: 0;

}

.ember-view.dashboard-access-tab.dashboard-access-tab--events.dashboard-access-tab--inactive {

display: none;

margin: 0;

padding: 0;

border: 0;

width: 0;

height: 0;

}

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@LisaRollins You may be interested in the code above.  Enjoy!  (also you can remove the “.ember-view” from the code.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@charles.zimmerman they didn’t like that, lol. Do you know of a way to get the event tab to always fall last in order of the tabs or after LPs? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@Alexis McLaughlin Who didn’t like what? I don’t know a way to move the tab without HTML and we don’t have access to the backend code.  

Userlevel 4
Badge

Our admin team didn’t like it being gone completely, there were strong opinions. I appreciate your help!