Question

Email formatting

• 16 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

We have our invitation emails formatted with our logo and a banner across the bottom. On most emails, it appears properly, but some of our users get a huge version of the images….like the social media icons are the size of the screen. 

Anyone else experience this and if so, what are some options for us to make sure everyone is getting the properly formatted sizing on the email?

Thanks! 

5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi @LisaRollins ! I’m not sure if any of our users are getting LARGE logos (at least I haven’t heard of that happening). What we are experiencing is the top of our logo being pushed to the top edge of learner notifications. Our logo is placed across the top if the message.

It looks fine on the Home/Landing pages. I contacted Thought Industries support about our logo no longer having the white buffer across the top, and I was told that alignment and sizing can be “fixed” with custom code. Unfortunately TI Support didn’t have the code to give me, and I don’t know what it should be either. 

I don’t know if this helps you at all or if you’ve already figured out the fix, but I thought I’d share what I learned about logos and email notifications.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Our web dev wrote the code for our emails and I’d say it appears correctly for most people, but when it doesn’t wow...it is really unreadable because the graphics are so huge! 
I am not sure it is anything we can fix and seems to luckily be just a small group of people. 

Good luck in getting some code to help with your issues!

Userlevel 2

Custom Code in emails is tricky, Outlook has its own way to style V Gmail and so on. Most code is universal but over the years I have seen differences in what is needed for Outlook App V Outlook in a browser.

Userlevel 2

Custom Code in emails is tricky, Outlook has its own way to style V Gmail and so on. Most code is universal but over the years I have seen differences in what is needed for Outlook App V Outlook in a browser.

Thank you for the heads up, Phil. We may play around with the logo itself a bit to see if it aligns better (without messing it up elsewhere).

Userlevel 4
Badge

We have had issues with our logo appearing half the size of a page when a reflection page is emailed to a participant as a pdf. I have no idea why it happened because our logo is 300x300 at the largest. I can’t remember what the response was, but TI didn’t have a fix and it was an open ticket for a really long time.